LIVING IN THE PARALLEL POLIS... By David A Sylvester, Prisoner # 91441-020

If the basic job of 'dissident movements' is to serve the truth, that is, to serve the aims of a free and spontaneous life, then we must develop an unofficial 'parallel polis' in education, publishing, art, even foreign policy and economy. All these will flourish naturally underneath the crust of lies of the official polis as it seeks to preserve its power based on a world of appearances. -- Adapted from Vaclav Havel, Soviet-era Czech dissident, 1978.

Name:
Location: lompocdavid@yahoo.com, California

From April 11 until early July, I'll be a federal prison inmate for civil disobedience against the School of Assassins at Fort Benning. My address: David A. Sylvester, Inmate Register # 91441-020; FEDERAL PRISON CAMP; 3705 WEST FARM RD.; LOMPOC, CA 93436. CONTACT ME THROUGH: lompocdavid@yahoo.com (These emails will be read, printed and mailed to me by snail mail.) If you're interested in my reflections and experiences in prison, please join my email list at the above email address.

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

"Greetings from the United States Government!"

What could be more refreshing with eggs and cereal in the morning than a call from the U.S. probation office? His voice had such a southern drawl, I thought it was someone from the Moral Majority on an autodial machine looking for a donation. But no, it was real news:

April 11, 2 p.m., Lompoc.
Be there or be square.

I wanted to say that it'd OK with me if they thought I'm square and we left it at that. But I'm not sure about such humor translates well to the probation culture in Columbus, Georgia.

So I calculate my release date is July 10. I get both Easter and the Fourth of July in prison. Sounds like a real party.

And it's called the "satellite camp" next to the USP-Lompoc, the high-security penitentiary next door. They've got the concertina wire; we've got the salad bar. Just hope the varsity sports teams aren't mixed. I hate getting picked last.

Apparently, the PO had a busy morning. The email buzz is that most of my co-criminals were also called today with April 11 report dates. Bay Area activists Cheryl Sommers and Sarah Harper as well as Dorothy Parker of Chico are all going to Dublin. They may start walking to report to the prison a couple days before. Still, based on the pattern, I can see the unfairness already: This government is trying to frustrate our constitutional right to postpone the filing of our income tax returns until the last possible moment, midnight on April 15.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could find a captcha
plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having trouble
finding one? Thanks a lot!

my website :: How to Make money online

8:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey very cool website!! Guy .. Beautiful .. Amazing .
. I'll bookmark your site and take the feeds also? I am satisfied to search out numerous useful information right here in the publish, we need work out more techniques in this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

Also visit my webpage; earn extra money online
My page :: make money at home for free

4:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not my first time to pay a quick visit this web site, i am browsing this web site dailly and take fastidious data from here daily.

Feel free to visit my blog post: ways to earn money at home

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.medigitalpress.com/]Cheap Oakley Sunglasses[/url] [/b] Hello, i think that i saw you visited my weblog so i came to ¡°return the favor¡±.I'm attempting to find things to enhance my website!I suppose its ok to use some of your ideas!!\

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home